We are now into the More & Break the Rules week. Not sure I’ve done that right but hey-ho, I’ve taken pictures that vaguely resemble the prompt so that’s OK by me. 😊

Day 25~Prompt Free Day ~ Prompt Free Days often bring to mind the saying, β€œThe grass is always greener on the other side.” Some days, we feel restricted by the prompt, but on other days, no specific prompt makes us feel lost by having no point of departure.Think about these prompt free days as a check-in as to how this project is changing you. What do you notice that you would have overlooked previously? What small moments in YOUR day now feel bigger and call to be documented? To be honest this wasn’t a great think piece for me. Phil bought me flowers last week and although that doesn’t really stretch me I didn’t get home from work until after dark and have to have dinner and a shower so an easy shot was my choice.

Rosey

Day 26 ~ Light ~ We are taught right at the beginning of our photography journey to put the sun behind you.  Well, I just love putting the sun in front of me.  If you do this, you need to make sure that your camera settings are correct. No sun today to take a photo?  Find an artificial light to make a beautiful light flare. Well again work and dark skies put paid to all that. But I was recently impressed by Amanda Gorman’s recitation at the US Presidential inauguration, so I made this instead.

Light

Day 27~ Wonderful ~ Wonder inspires delight.  How can we combine ‘wonderful’ with rules? Rules tend to get a lot of flak, but deep down inside, most of us know that rules are designed to make life better.  With photography it’s no exception.  The rules of photography are based on general principles that create great photos.  Sometimes though, the composition calls for rules to be broken!  How much fun is that?  Create a sense of wonder by breaking the rules. She was mostly talking about breaking the rule of 1/3’s and putting your. horizon in the middle, but again, work prevented a landscape shot. I focussed on the ‘wonderful’ and made Phil a Tuscan Chicken dinner to come home to, and it really was wonderful! 😊

wonderful Tuscan Chicken

Day 28~ Branch ~ In the sprit of breaking the rules let us give the prompt an abstract twist. Instead of photographing the trees as they are in their natural beauty let use them to create something unexpected. Of course it’s now my day off and it has rained, and rained, and rained some more, and I wasn’t taking my camera out into the woods in it. I instead hung out of my bedroom window and took pictures of my Happy Eater Tree branches, I’m not sure I’d call it abstract as the branch is a branch is a branch, but I defocussed all around and did a double exposure to get the bokeh.

Branch

Day 29~ Organised ~ Do you have a specific organized spot that makes you happy? Maybe it’s something unusual. Maybe you’re one who does better in organized chaos or maybe there’s no organization at all. Share it with us and break the rules! Off to the shed for this one, and my colour coded mosaic tiles. Rainbow coded on the left, miscellaneous on the right. Anal retention springs to mind! 🀣

Day 30 ~ 1 O’Clock ~ What does 1 o’clock look like in your world.? Is it lunch time, work time, maybe even nap time?  Give us a glimpse into your life today and while you’re at it go ahead and break the rules.  None of the above, 1 O’ Clock here on a Saturday is not long after Brunch, doing the crossword and having a cuppa.

1 O’Clock

So that’s the ‘More’ and ‘Break The Rules’ week over. Not sure I’ve broken any rules, certainly not deliberately as I don’t tend to think about rules when I’m composing shots, I just put stuff where I want. Never mind, the prompts all did the job to get me taking pictures. Next week we are into February, and the first week is all about what makes us happy. I say us, but that means me 😊. Stay tooned!

57 comments on “365 ~ 25th ~ 30th January

1. Well done Fraggle! My two favorites are the candles with the Amanda Gorman quote and the beautiful shot of your branches.☺️

1. They’re mine too, thanks Kim 😘

Your shed is far too tidy! I didn’t realise that crosswords are online now. I still imagine a newspaper and a biro!

1. The Independant went out of print a while back. They have an awful free online site with lots of adverts etc, but I subscribe to the newspaper version which has a newspaper type layout and is much more geared to people with brains.

3. Mary Smith says:

I was surprised, too, to see the crossword was online – and I have serious shed envy πŸ™‚

1. It’s a lovely shed Mary, Phil did a cracking job for me. Hope you’re doing OK today Mary 😘

1. Mary Smith says:

He certainly did. I’m doing better, thanks. The side effects are loosening their stranglehold πŸ™‚

1. That’s good news! πŸ™‚

4. Mae Clair says:

As always, stunning shots. I especially love “Light” and “Branch”….both evoke mood so well.
    And, wow, you have an incredibly neat shed. I love all those jars of colorful tiles!

5. Good for you! Some nice photos!

1. You’re welcome!

6. Don Ostertag says:

Nice pictures, Fraggle. 1 PM speaks to me even though my crosswords are always done on paper. She sheds. My daughter in law swears by hers. I can’t imagine building a shed and telling my wife this is your space. Probably think I didn’t want her in the house. Yet on the other hand…

1. Hahahah in fairness I asked for it for a birthday present 😊

7. I know I’m new here, but I love the style of your weekly musings. The candle image was my favorite and coincidentally paired with the Amanda Gorman quote. To me, she stole the show on that special day.

1. I agree Frank, a special lady.

8. Pit says:

You should have told me about that Tuscan Chicken Dinner BEFORE you made it. I would have come over! πŸ˜€ Looks ever so yummy,

1. One of my favourite recipes to cook. And eat! 😊

9. It’s another outstanding week of photos – I especially love the candles & branches and have serious ‘she-shed’ envy. I’d love that Tuscan Chicken recipe if you feel like sharing! It looks delicious!

1. Hi Connie, here’s the recipe I use (though I sub the spinach with pre-cooked broccoli. https://cafedelites.com/creamy-tuscan-chicken/
      Also how did you do your collage for the month, I really like that, is it a template or an app?

1. It’s an app called β€œcollect”. I can make a mini video as well for the month & send the photos in various formats for printing if I so desire. 😁

1. Will have to have a look, I’d like to make a monthly collage, yours look fab.

2. Thanks for the recipe. I’m going to try it out this week. πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ˜Š

1. Cool, let me know how it goes!

3. Thank you once again for sharing – I made this for dinner last night and it was fantastic! My husband (who is extremely picky) loved it!!! πŸ™‚

1. Oh good stuff πŸ™‚ glad you both enjoyed it. Cafe Delites has a lot of great recipes.

10. Sue says:

Excellent, Fraggle!

11. Love your shed. Mine is quite the opposite πŸ˜‰

1. Haha our other one is a right mess.

1. Now the truth comes out πŸ˜‰

12. Elizabeth says:

Great photos, the light one is stunning!

That Tuscan Chicken really looks wonderfully yummy, I will look for the recipe πŸ˜› I liked your organized tiles, in my imagination the room of an alchemist would have that look : D Thank you, fragglerocking.

1. Cheers Francis πŸ™‚

Oh, the shed. So colourful and ordered. The roses are also lovely.

15. Jennie says:

Another fabulous collection of photos! Thank you, FR.

1. Thanks for visiting Jennie πŸ™‚

1. Jennie says:

My pleasure, FR.

16. M.B. Henry says:

These were very fun to scroll through! Gosh your jars are so pretty and organized. πŸ™‚ And that Tuscan chicken looks DIVINE.

1. Cheers M.B, πŸ™‚

17. The branch one is great here. The bokeh really did it in.

18. Tina Schell says:

Totally enjoyed your post Fraggle, which I found thanks to your images on Frank’s post today. Of course the Amanda Gorman candle image is marvelous – as was her poem. Can you imagine she’s on the cover of Time Magazine and speaking the Super Bowl this week? All well-deserved accolades IMHO. I also had to laugh at your organized mosaic tiles – and I thought I was “retentive” !!! Well done.

1. Thanks Tina, and thanks for visiting. I saw Miss Gorman reading her Miracle of Morning poem on someone elses blog, she is so smart and beautiful.

1. Tina Schell says:

She is indeed both. Nice to see her getting such well-deserved attention.

2. Dina says:

Absolutely!

19. restlessjo says:

I’ll go with the bokeh’d branches πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ Because I like them but I’m not clever enough to take those kind of shots. I spotted Bishop Auckland in the sidebar so you must be in my old neck of the woods.

1. Hi Jo, I live in Gateshead so a bit north of Hartlepool.

1. restlessjo says:

πŸ€£πŸ’•

20. Dina says:

I was equally impressed by Amanda Gorman’s recitation at the US Presidential inauguration and your bokeh is stunning, Fraggle!

1. Thanks Hanne! πŸ™‚

21. Your talent is inspiring Fraggle! Shed envy is real. But the chicken dinner, mouth watering, did it taste as good as the image? Hope so, C

1. It’s Phil’s favourite and it is lush!