This week seems to be all about travel, and being outside. Of course, the ladies providing the prompts have fek all idea of what North East England is like in January, rain and mud basically.

Monday Day 11 ~”Do you know someone open-hearted?  Do you have memories of open-hearted folks you have encountered in your travels?  How can you bring that memory to life in your photo.  To challenge yourself even further, see if you can incorporate macro photography into your photo today.” I do have memories from when we travelled to America back in 2014 and my friend Kathy who lived in Fairport N.Y met us at the airport . She gave us a welcome pack with all sorts of goodies in it, but my favourite thing in it was this cool stars and stripes wine stopper. Kathy and her husband Dave were so kind to us, and took us on outings all over the place. Great memories.

Openhearted

Tuesday Day 12 was a prompt free day, but based on the weekly theme of travel. Well Winnie travelled from Sunderland to Gateshead for her 2 month holiday with us, so I think she counts. πŸ™‚

Prompt free ~ Winnie

Wednesday Day 13 ~ “take a walk outside and see if you can find something that reminds you of a feather~You may end up with something that feels a bit abstract. Β That’s OK.”.Β Well I was working this day, and not home until after dark, but there is a bunch of Pampas grass in our carpark at work, and I thought they looked feathery, so I walked over to them and used my slow shutter app on the iphone to take a few long exposures. Blended in photoshop to get an abstract-ish picture. Don’t really like it but best I can do today.

Outside~feathery~abstract

Thursday Day 14 ~Travel photography is intended to document an area to which you travel.  Well, travel has been a bit limited recently, so we are just travelling to areas close to home.  Do you have a place close to home that is effortless to get to? Well the answer to that is a resounding No, not at the minute, it’s bloody chucking it down outside yet again. Still I needed a shot, so got myself ackled up with the intention of walking to the secret lake. However, when I got to the beginning of the walk, this is the sight that greeted me. I went home.

Effortless 🀣

Friday Day 15 ~ Today ‘travel’ somewhere in your neighbourhood and show us why we want to visit. Make it CRISP!  Crisp as in camera sharpness, crisp as in cold temperatures, crisp as in leaves. Well I cheated a bit here and travelled to my front garden πŸ˜ƒ although it’s frosty outside there’s still mud, and I’m not doing mud. I think my frozen plant/bush thingy looks crisp don’t you?

Crisp

Saturday Day 16 ~ Sometimes you don’t have to travel far to encounter kindness! It comes in a wide variety of styles! Show us the Kindness you find along the way today! It may be a coffee delivery from a spouse, a bit of encouragement along the sidewalk, chalk drawing in the street to cheer up the neighbors, or yard art to celebrate a special event. The spouse is on a 13hr shift at the hospital, and when I went to the local shop no-one was kind enough to pay for my shopping, and the streets and gardens are undecorated with drawings or art, so I thought I’d best be kind to myself today!

Kindness

Sunday Day 17~Aparently the week starts on Sundays, and we are now into colour week, the first of which is red. Today’s word is abundance. I challenge you as you take your photos this week to look for red and include in your photos.Β  You can make it the subject of your photo or you can hint at red.Β Off to the fridge for this one. Glad to be out of travel week! πŸ€ͺ

Abundance ~ red

46 comments on “365 ~ January 11th ~ 17th

1. richlakin says:

Great shots. Puddles everywhere!

1. Yes, damned things.

2. These came out wonderful Fraggle even if you had a tricky time with some. I especially like how the pampas grass came out. Feathery and eerie!

1. Thanks Kim 😘. (also new one up on the 52 Frames project hint hint 🀣)

3. Don Ostertag says:

Really love that pampas grass shot, Fraggle. Kindness is a story in in itself which changes dramatically when you read Phil is on a 13 shift. You two Stay Safe.

4. Mae Clair says:

These are all fabulous. I especially loved Winnie (she looks so alert), and the pampas grass.”Effortless” in black and white also does a lot for invoking a moody atmosphere.

That’s some top quality veg, FR! The muddy puddles sent you home? Small stuff, compared to the flooded walks around here. πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

1. I thought you’d just plow through, but I don’t have wellies πŸ™‚

Ah! Wellies are essential in those conditions. πŸ™‚

6. I love all your photos this week and am happy that I am not the only one with dark, grey weather to share. My favourite is the mud path for your ‘effortless’ photo – keeping it real! πŸ˜„, but Winnie is a very close second – she is adorable.

1. Thanks Connie, she is a bit of a star, and a right pest mostly!

1. 🀣🀣🀣

7. Mary Smith says:

Winnie looks lovely! I rather like your feathery Pampas Grass image.

1. Thanks Mary, it seems to be a favourite!

8. Oh challenging during lockdown, stretching your imagination a little. Very well done!

9. Wonderful images FR, Winnie won me over, love the fresh vegetables, and the frozen plant. Such attractive creativity, C

10. Pamo says:

Beautiful shots all!!! Spectacular!

11. Denzil says:

Love the feathery reeds Frag! Shame about the waterlogged, mudlogged path!

1. Thanks Denzil πŸ™‚

I’m impressed that you managed to get a cauliflower. I couldn’t this week. That wine stopper is amazing. It would make me smile every time I saw it if someone had given it to me. The photos are all great.

1. Thanks April, so far Morrisons here have had veg when I’ve gone in, I do love cauliflower πŸ™‚

13. First-time visitor via Otto’s. I enjoy the way you captured your week with such a variety of subjects, brilliance, and styles. Feathery and Crisp were my two favorites.

1. Thanks Frank! I enjoyed your beach walk!

1. Thank you and I hope you return. By the way, I’m broadening my scope of collaborations. This will explain. https://beachwalkreflections.wordpress.com/collaborators/

1. I’ve filled in the form πŸ™‚ I’m up for a collaboration.

1. Wonderful … and the message was successfully delivered. Thank you. Look over the topics list for ideas.

14. Jennie says:

I am loving these weekly photo prompts!!

1. Thanks Jennie πŸ™‚ good to know!

1. Jennie says:

You’re welcome, FR. πŸ™‚

15. Sue says:

Goodness, it is wet where you are!

1. Not as bad as Beetley 🀣

1. Sue says:

So I am finding out!

16. These are the cries of the Pampas grass, the cries of the Pampas grass:
    “You see, Fraggle.
    Tomorrow is harvest day and you took a picture of us unjacketed! We are coooold.”

All jokes aside, great work on these snaps – they deserve a proper print / picture framing job!

1. It WAS bliddy cold when I took it 🀣 thanks S.D

1. Well okay, but if I don’t get a signed print in the mail, I’m gonna be upset! 😝

Cool shots, love the icy macro.

18. Dina says:

I espically like your take on Kindness, Fraggle, a lovely composition. The message and colours works very well together. I’d probably include Winnie in all my posts from home, what a cutie❣️ πŸ₯° ❀

1. She is a star isn’t she? Not too keen on having her photo taken though!