In previous years I’ve done a photography review of the year but I didn’t really do much this year to review what with all the covid stuff going on, and no outings to history venues with my pal Sophie. It kinda killed my photo mojo as that’s my favourite thing to do. Apart from some polaroid and iphone shots of our visiting felines, it’s been slim pickings.

But that can’t go on. I’ve given myself a stern talking to and am ready to get back to it. Inspired by Connie over at Adventures in Every Day Life who did a cracking job of a lockdown 365, I’ve joined the site she uses for daily prompts, 365 Picture Today and will be using that for inspiration. I’m also continuing to do a weekly shot over at 52 Frames so between them I’m hoping to reset the ‘creativity button’ in my brain.

Sunday’s have always been my day to post on this blog, and so, as the year is already 3 days in and I’ve made a start, here we go.

January 1st ~The prompt for this day was ‘Start’. My cherry blossom tree, which gets photographed in Springtime most years had a little wobbly this year, and one of it’s branches decided it was time to bloom at the end of December instead of April.

Early start

January 2nd~ I took my picture for 52 Frames, which had to be a self portrait. It’s already posted in my portfolio section, where dear Ol’10 commented it looked like I had a plant growing out of me, so I’ve re~processed it to. make the orchid softer in the mix. Might work, might not.

Selfie (1)

January 3rd~ Sigh, another self portrait this time from the 365 site, though with the addition of ‘Opportunity’. My pal Kim at By Hook or by Book recently posted her literary lines, and this week they were as follows :~

“We will open the book. It’s pages are blank. The book is called Opportunity and it’s first chapter is New Years Day” by Edith Lovejoy Pierce. I copied those out onto a post it and stuck it to my computer.

Selfie (2) Opportunity

Hopefully I’ll have a good year with my cameras this year, and will be back to posting on Sundays to show off the fruits of my labours!

73 comments on “New Year, new project.

1. richlakin says:

Looking forward to seeing your photography. Happy New Year again! Hope it’s a better one and you can start snapping castles and stately homes again…. πŸ‘

1. Me too Rich! Cheers!

2. Sue says:

Excellent, go it, girl! Like you, I’ve been a bit slow in 2020, but I really do want to make more effort. Here’s to hoping 365 works for you, Fraggle

1. Thanks Sue, it will be my 4th 365, glutton for punishment πŸ˜€

1. Sue says:

365 has never appealed, but I guess it kick starts the shutter finger…

1. My guru Mr.DuChemin always tells us to show up and do the work. I haven’t been doing that last year, and being miserable instead. Not happening this year!

1. Sue says:

Excellent, he’s my guru too, as you know!

Your selfie looks great!
    Good luck with any and all projects over the coming year. I will still be around to enjoy them, so that’s a bonus.

1. Thanks Pete! Phil gets his 1st dose of vaccine on Thursday, with the 2nd one booked for March, so god knows if it will work or not.

4. Looking forward to what you gift us with this new year! C

5. As a new follower, I haven’t caught much of the photos besides the Christmas cutlery. So far, it looks great. 🀠

1. Haha when all else fails, shoot cutlery and kitchen utensils 🀣

1. Nothing like a good slice of meat! True story, the flavor, kind of like ‘sour’ or ‘sweet’ of meat is called ‘umami’. Didn’t know if you knew or not, but if you didn’t, now you know! πŸ™ƒ Class dismissed. 🀠

1. I have a pot of umami paste in my fridge 😊

6. Pit says:

Glad you’re getting started again. πŸ™‚

7. Looking forward to renewed creativity from you!

1. Thanks, fingers xt!

8. Mary Smith says:

Looking forward to your Sunday posts starting again and wish you much renewed creativity. I like the first selfie, mainly because I love to see what bloggers really look like πŸ™‚

1. Thanks Mary 😊

9. Chocoviv says:

Love your photos!

1. Thank you 😘

10. Strange times we live in, and the world will not be the same again, in so many ways. Best to make lemonade with all those lemons! Welcome back!

1. Thanks Steve 😘

11. Don Ostertag says:

Great photos. Great selfie. Great project.

1. Ah great comment! Cheers Don 😘

12. …what’s that?….can you hear raucous cheering from the antipodes to?….(yay! Frag’s back to taking snaps!)….shh…there it is again….

1. Oh god, ‘snaps’. 😳 I’m sure you meant photographic artistic images really. 🀣🀣

1. …(I see what you did there)…..

13. Ooh! I love your photo take on the quote!πŸ₯° And thank goodness that Phil’s getting his first shot.πŸ€—

1. Cheers Kim! 😘

14. Jennie says:

I love this, FR! Photos are really your mojo, and definitely the posts that β€˜move me’, more than you know. I know I’m not alone in this. Okay…I’m a preschool teacher, and those times that I really feel I just don’t care about children (thank goodness few and far between), it takes a moment with a child or a parent who has a great story about me (that sort of thing) to snap me out of my blah state. So now, here I am like that child or parent, to tell you that you are more than gifted – you make a difference for others, those of us who are lucky enough to see your photography. Really! Your work is inspiring. I just wanted you to know that. I hope it helps.

1. Thanks so much Jennie,it does help, though makes me blush too!

1. Jennie says:

My pleasure, FR! πŸ™‚

15. All the best with the new project!

βœ¨πŸŒ»πŸŒΏπŸ™πŸ•‰πŸ€β™ΎπŸ•Šβ˜―πŸ™πŸŒΏπŸŒ»βœ¨

1. Cheers Graham 😊

16. Eddy Winko says:

Yay, pictures πŸ™‚ The self portrait tells a story, with the rain on the pane, I like it πŸ™‚ Happy New Year! πŸ™‚

1. Cheers Eddy, you too, and fingers xt for a better 21.

Happy New Project. It’s off to a good start. There’s a tree just up the road from me that blossomed in December. It didn’t get on well with the more recent sub-zero temperatures.

1. We’ve had a bit of snow, and frost, but it’s still doing it’s thing. The rest of the tree is all ‘not likely’!

The rest of the tree is very sensible.

18. You have taught me a lot about photography–I’m happy you are back at it!

1. Thanks Cindy me too. Hope you’re keeping well!

Exciting stuff, I look forward to it

20. lolabees says:

Happy New Year Fraggs!

1. Thanks Laura, and you too!

21. Elizabeth says:

Your cherry blossom is really a beauty, perfect for the start of the year. The skull on the desk depicts a mysterious atmosphere for your writing!

1. It’s a money box 😊

22. Tom says:

Happy New Year, Fraggle! Excited to hear about your new project, I’m certainly looking for ways to kick back into high gear myself. Ugh. To be totally honest I’m mostly just looking forward to 2022. The sun shines brightest there.

1. Hope you are right!

23. What kind of financial percentage do I get for my advisory capacity on this blog?

1. I’m the one doing all the heavy lifting here, it’s MY vision that makes these pictures so good!

24. A 365 is a fun project – but also demanding and a little daunting at least to start with. You have passed the starting line, an so far so good. I like you three images of this week, and look forward to seeing more. I bet this is going to get the juices going again. πŸ™‚

25. Pamo says:

Oh thank God!!! The world is slowly but surely righting itself.
    I’m SOOOOO GLAD to see this post. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your photos and look on life.
    Keep on keeping on!!!

1. Thanks Pam πŸ˜ƒ

26. Hi fraggle, it’s interesting stuff. I’ve always thought in another life it’s something I would have pursued. I see you also comment on a lot of movie reviews and I was just wondering if you have recommendations of any I should read or follow. Cheers, OTS

1. Sorry for late reply, found your comment in Spam. I have a seperate blog for movie reviws, you can check that out for recommendations https://fragglesotherplace.com/ see you there!

1. Thanks, I’ll be sure to check it out.

27. Dina says:

A swell start to the 365 project, FR. Lovely insights of your life too. (I have stickers like that on my computer as well. I’m very much looking forward to more to come.)
    All the very best, Dina x

28. Happy New Year, Fraggle. Well – the very best the year can be, because we all know it’s got a few bumps to get over. I reckon you’ll be out there on your daily exercise, finding worthwhile things to photograph in your customary style!

1. Umm daily exercise??? 🀣

I am so late :/ but not late to be happy to wish you a nice photographic project, and also to thank you for sharing it with us, your creativity always find ways to explore new topics n.n

30. Bookstooge says:

Thanks for the link to this.
    I have to laugh now, comparing today’s post with the cautious optimism shown here πŸ˜‰

1. I know, πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸ₯΄