For our final visit to the watermill, I’ll show you some of the interesting things I found walking around the grounds with my camera.

In one of the sheds

A roller in the shed!

Yes that was a surprise, here’s a few details of it

There was another one in a lock up, but that still worked apparently. Had a bar in it too!

Garden Feature ๐Ÿ˜€

Bandsaw Beehive

Tractor No.1

Tractor No.2

Cartwheel

The waterwheels.

Trough

My favouriteย part was the Water feature.

Water Feature

So that brings me to the end of showing you around the watermill, though if you were interested there’s plenty more to see in the full album (including rusty stuff embedded in ivy and cat pictures) in the full album HERE

All pictures embiggenable with a clickety click.

Oh and finally, it was quite cold in the evenings, and Phil had to pull out his boy scout skills!

Fireman Phil! ๐Ÿ™‚

52 comments on “France May 2019 The Watermill part 3

That stove is like the one in our living room. I use shop-bought fire-lighters to get it going.
    Love the abandoned tractors, they are a nice touch indeed. But the dilapidated Rolls is just sacrilege! ๐Ÿ™‚

1. Left behind by the previous owner, as was the other SIlver Ghost in the lock-up, that one at least is a go-er! But a bit useless in the narrow lanes and tiny villages of Normandy! Nicola told me they used to take it out to get ice cream for a laugh.

2. MarySmyth says:

What an interesting place to explore. Beautiful images Fraggy.

1. Thanks Mary, there was so much for a person with a camera to love!

3. Great place to check out
    ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’™โค๏ธ

Spectacular views Fraggy. Where to start…. well Phil is fresh on my brain…. great fire work by the hubby๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘. And… a rolly ?! Well Iโ€™ve never heard them called that, but I like and Iโ€™m gonna use it๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘. What a great find indeed. Love all the old equipment .. and rust๐Ÿ˜. Sorry Iโ€™m so behind again…. rough week around here .๐Ÿ˜˜

1. Aw sorry to hear that ๐Ÿ˜˜ sending hugs.

5. Pit says:

How did you manage to discover my car?! No, I’m NOT talking of the tractor! ๐Ÿ˜‰
    I really love these pcitures. It looks like a fantastic place. Thanks for taking me there! ๐Ÿ™‚

1. Thanks for coming along!

1. Pit says:

You’re welcome. ๐Ÿ™‚

6. Pit says:

I could have helped with the fire in the evenings. From my childhood days on I’ve been a pyromaniac, and – thinking back – I still consider it a wonder that I didn’t burn down the whole neighbourhood! ๐Ÿ˜‰

1. Phil was chuffed with himself for remembering the procedure. As was I!

1. Funnily enough I kept saying that!

1. Sue says:

Yay! Thatโ€™s what photographers do!!

7. M.B. Henry says:

Okay… the cars in the shed made me tear up a little, for two reasons. One, the photos are amazing. Two – they invoked powerful memories. My grandfather had an old shed that looked very much like that, and he had an old Barracuda in there, along with another rusted car. I spent a lot of time with my grandfather growing up, and those pictures just reminded me of those wonderful summers! Great shots!

1. Thanks M.B if you ever want to do Normandy get in touch for the details, you’d love it there. Nicola’s uncle was a German P.O.W, so there’s great stories to be had here.

1. M.B. Henry says:

Ooooh I bet. Goodness!

1. It is a historians and photographers paradise!

8. These are great just like you, Waffles!!!๐Ÿ˜˜โœจ๐Ÿ“ท You are quite talented with a camera.๐Ÿ’ฅ

1. you’re making me blush now!

1. Hehehehe! That’s always a good thing but I am just speaking the truth.๐Ÿ˜˜

9. I don’t know why, but the trough said a lot to me. Love your crystal clear shots.

10. It is funny how sometimes discarded machinery ends up in the strangest places!

11. Sean says:

Great photos! I especially liked the tractor on the island! Looks like it’s been there for a while.

1. A few years I think, cheers Sean.

12. joshi daniel says:

That is amazing ๐Ÿ™‚

1. It is! Cheers Joshi ๐Ÿ˜Š

Did the previous owner just go out one day and strew various bits of machinery around the place in an artistic moment? The discarded roller is more than a little sad.

1. I couldn’t believe it when I saw it!

14. Michelle GD says:

Looks like an interesting place to explore!

1. And verey peacefu, that was my quiet time away from the WWW!

15. Is that a derelict tractor covered in vines? It’s a beautiful shot.

1. Yes it is, thanks!

16. Cool photos. It’s amazing how photogenic old rusted equipment is!

1. Thanks, it was fun to discover so much of it!

17. You really found a lot of interesting things around the watermill. Gotta love the tractor on the island, in particular. Is it growing there?

1. Hah that would be spooky! I’ll see if it’s got any bigger next year! ๐Ÿ˜Š

18. Marvelous post, Fraggle. I really enjoyed seeing all the old machinery. Hugs on the wing!

19. Saania2806 says:

Nice pictures ๐Ÿ’–

20. Wow! What a beautiful place! Thank you for sharing all the pictures and the wonderful narration. I would love to visit that place!

21. The tractor in the middle of the pond is something!๐Ÿ˜ Thank you for sharing these gorgeous pics. I almost felt as though I was there.๐Ÿค—

1. Happy you liked them!

So much camera fodder! What a great place to explore!

1. It was! Is! We are going for another week next May, I can see it becoming a thing!

23. richlakin says:

Love the water feature ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜‚

1. Yes it was our favourite bit, that and the rollers!