and into battle we go!

The WW2 re-enactors did a display at the end of the day and everyone piled in to do battle.  I’m not sure if it was based on a historical one, but I doubt it.  It was great fun to watch anyway, and everyone survived!

The Germans are coming!!

never mind smiling for the camera- shoot the danged gun!

everybody out!

OOPS!! On yer feet son!

preparing

fire in the hole!

smokin’!

Our gun’s bigger than yours!

Get this thing pointed at that bagpipe player, he’s driving me mad!

Let’s get out of here, that bloke’s got a skirt on and I don’t think he’s wearing pants!

We surrender! We can’t take anymore of ‘Scotland The Brave’.

How very dare you? That bagpipe player has won the war single handed!

The End!

All photo’s embiggenable and

Loads more photo’s of the day HERE

Stay tooned for our next outing, when Sophie and I go to see the Tall Ships when they came to Sunderland.

26 comments on “Frontline Finale

1. And the day ended with a bang!
    They all seem to be having fun, despite the “war.” I really like the motorcycle thing in your first image, Fraggle. Thanks for a great time. Hugs.

1. Cheers Teagan 🙂

2. Love your comments more than the pictures! You managed to turn WWII into a funny post.

1. 🙂 it’s impossible to take it too seriously when all the Germans/French and American soldiers speak in a North East England accent!

3. raistlin0903 says:

Saved the best for last!😊 It looks amazing! I think it must have been quite the experience to experience it live, but these pictures capture it very well! This was a wonderful series of posts: thanks for sharing all of these😊😊

1. Glad you enjoyed it Michel! 🙂

I enjoyed this whole series, and the extra shots from the link.
    And you have an online shop now, with a shopping cart! I’m impressed. 🙂

A Smugmug shop, according to the link. 🙂

1. Hmm not sure what that’s about, I haven’t set one up. Will look into it. Cheers.

When I clicked the link to see the extra photos, I noticed the word ‘Shop’ at the top. I clicked on that and went from there. The images are retailing for 30p each, apparently.

2. Haha I don’t think any of that comes to me!

3. I think I’ve switched the shop off, wonder how long that’s been there 😀

First time I noticed it today.

5. Gorgeous photos 🙂
    Thanks for sharing!

1. Thanks for visiting! (found your comment in SPAM so sorry for late reply!)

6. M.B. Henry says:

Wow what a finale! Great shot – looks like a pretty intense reenactment

1. They were defined gung ho, but also tongue in cheek. 😊

Good action shots!

8. Looks pretty real – except for the spectators in the background. And what a finale!

9. Eddy Winko says:

A great collection, B&W works really well on them there Geordie Germans 🙂

10. I just love the captions and the history you share in your photos! #loveit 📷🎆🌸😘

Oooohhh, explosions, that looked fun! That also explains the need for the fire extinguisher in the background of one of your shots. Great pics.

1. Yes, I can’t be arsed potato shopping them out 😂