Following on from part 1 HERE

The gardens at Cheeseburn Grange are quite lovely

and a perfect place for delicate glass sculptures

Can’t remember who did that sorry!!

Laura Johnston   http://www.laurajohnston.com  thrilled us with these beautiful glassworks in the woods

click to embiggen for the full effect

I loved how the colors reflected onto the woodland path

Simon Hitchins    http://www.simonhitchens.com

combined the rough texture of rocks with smooth shiny mirrors

“In The Eye of the Beholder”

“The Other Eye” (with added appreciators)

On one of the walls in the grounds we came across these,

“P’s”

by Louise Plant  http://louiseplant.com

they reminded me of what I used to call ‘Jacks’ when I was a kid, can’t remember what you did with them though 🙂

Ending & Beginning ~ Luke Dickinson

“Fallen Arch”. ( 🤣🙄) ~ Ekkehard Altenburger

“The Earth” by Andrew Burton.  Mr. Burton did some of my favourite pieces back in part 1, his vessels series, but I was not really impressed with this….

“The Earth” ~ Andrew Burton

but the more I look at it and think about it, the more I like what he’s done.

Anyhoo that’s enough for now, can’t be having y’all bored witless, still more artwork to come, when next time I get to the main event!

Stay tooned peeps!

36 comments on “Cheeseburn Sculpture Park ~ June 2018~ part 2

1. Keith says:

That is really cool.

2. raistlin0903 says:

You are kidding about the being bored part right? These were awesome! I completely agree with the way the colours reflected on the woodland path: that is truly amazing indeed 😊😊 Already looking forward to the main event 😀

1. Cheers Michel, me too!

3. Wow! Laura Johnston’s glassworks are beautiful and beautifully photographed. Thank-you for including the picture of the reflection on the ground. I’m enchanted.

1. It was lovely, I’d like them in my garden (if I had trees! 😀 ) but they’re so expensive they don’t even let you know the price!

I liked the ones in the trees best. They worked so well with the reflections.
    Jacks.
    You put the jacks on the ground.
    Pick up the rubber ball, and throw it in the air.
    Before it lands, pick up ss many jacks as you can in one hand, then catch the ball too.
    The winner is the one with the most jacks collected, when they are all gone.
    (That may not be ‘official’, but it’s how we used to play it.)
    There was also an identical game with ridged squares, called ‘Alleygobs’. Same rules.

1. You’re better than google! 🙂 Thanks Pete 🙂

5. I love the visit and the cool modern art. The glass works and the reflections are my favorite.

1. Thanks Cindy, the main event was even more reflecty! (Fraggle dictionary).

6. ortensia says:

Magical effects indeed🤩

1. Thanks muchly 😘

I immediately thought of jacks when I saw those bobbly bits.

1. Cheers April, would love to know why she called them P’s!

It is a mystery.

8. alexraphael says:

Wow, love these. What wonderful prisms.

9. I love that glasswork in the woods!! Gorgeous! I was going to explain Jacks (I absolutely saw enormous Jacks in those sculptures!) but, it looks like Pete beat me to it!! Always the font of knowledge, that man. 😀💖

1. Indeed he is. Thanks Nicole 🙂

10. Not bored at all, Fraggle. Glass art has always drawn me. Yes, it’s beautiful, but in its own uniquely mesmerizing way. What a lovely place. Hugs!

1. Cheers Teagan, 🙂

11. I’m still wondering where all the burning cheese is. I could so go for some saganaki right now.

Some of these are trippy, cool!

1. Yes, thanks Jay.

13. joshi daniel says:

Colorful and interesting 🙂

14. enmanscamera says:

What a great place to visit…and photograph. Thanks for the tour.

15. Gasp! I absolutely love this photography!🧡🎆📸

Lovely shots! See nice camera fodder at this place!

1. Yes indeed, going back for the next one in SEptember.

Making sculptures with light is one of the most amazing arts I always have enjoyed to see the most. Beautiful work in your representation fragglerocking. Thank you ^_^

1. Thanks Francis 🙂