Part 1 HERE

After we exited the hot glass house we toddled off around the grounds,

Recycling

So many different blossoms and blooms everywhere

Friends…maybe not

Triffids?

Squiggles

Sculpted Birdy things

As the Gardens are part of the University Campus, on sunny days the students come here to study, or chat, or be romantic πŸ™‚

You at the bottom there..get a room!

So that’s all for today folks, stay tooned for the Bluebell Woods just across from the Gardens.

33 comments on “Durham Botanical Gardens ~ May 2018 ~ part 2

1. Nice! I like the pairing of the larger shot and the intimate close up of the flowers. Very beautiful. My favorite is the Triffid.

2. Donnalee says:

I did some graduate work at Durham many years ago. There used to be a sort of sculpture of cutout metal bits that on their own looked a little puzzling but that appear to overlap when you viewed it while looking towards the river–that was clever. I’m glad to see nice plants thereabouts.

1. I missed that or it isn’t there now, not sure which! The garden is beautiful. Thanks for commenting. 😊

3. raistlin0903 says:

These pictures capture the beauty of the gardens in an incredible way. Simply amazing and breathtaking. Thanks for sharing these and showing how incredible this world sometimes truly is 😊

1. You’re very welcome πŸ˜€

I like a bold flower.
    Thanks for always including us on your little walkabouts. I feel like I’ve had a bit of a day out.

1. That’s nice, you’re always welcome along.

5. lucindablogs says:

Wow! What a lovely post. Durham students are so lucky to have such a beautiful space to study in (or whatever that couple were up to πŸ˜‰). When I was a student we had the spaghetti junction and Aston Expressway!

1. I know, it’s very genteel there. 😊

6. M.B. Henry says:

Oh, I felt more peaceful just looking at the pictures! I liked the squiggles πŸ™‚

1. Thanks M.B 😊

Split-screen now? You’re getting fancy, FR. πŸ™‚
    Nice shots of course.

1. Ah no, they’re called diptychs and I put them together in potatoshop. Thanks Pete 😊

8. These are just gorgeous Fraggle. I can almost smell the flowers.☺️ I love the flowers in the old boots especially.

1. Yes me too! Going to pinch that idea πŸ™‚

9. Eddy Winko says:

Who are you trying to kid, thats not the UK! Sun shining, people wearing shorts, flowers in bloom, it’s Durban, not Durham πŸ™‚

1. Haha, I know it’s a shock, but we have had a couple of sunny days here!

The sculpted birdy things are very attractive. Are they wood?

1. The one on the right is, I think it might be a swan, but couldn’t say for sure, the other one is a metal heron I think!

Ah, it was the wooden one that drew my attention.

11. Stunning shots – as ever! Loved the ‘sculpted birdy things’ – well, I loved the description, if I’m being honest.

1. Haha thanks Mike πŸ˜€

12. ortensia says:

Some Japan inside some very English garden.been able to enjoy all this what I call a little luxury😍

1. Thank you πŸ™‚

13. Those flowers are all beautiful!! I love the idea of recycling old items to make into flower pots! I just hope the flowers are fragrant enough to cover the odor of old shoes! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

1. Hah yes, I didn’t sniff them though so can’t be sure πŸ™‚

14. These are so amazing, Waffles!πŸ˜€ You are so talented, my friend!πŸ’™ I love the flowers planted in the boots.πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‡

1. ME too, I am going to steal a pair from Phil for next year!

Some fab shots, especially the triffids (if that’s what they are)!

1. They do look like them! Cheers Steve.