Part 1 HERE

After the drummers finished it was time to walk down and find a good spot to set up the tripods for the firework display over the sea. On the way I took a couple of shots of the illuminated people and strange looking Father Christmases

I have no idea what he represented. ๐Ÿ™‚

I would be scared if they came down the chimney!

Normal (ish) people getting chips and gravy ๐Ÿ™„

So on to the fireworks, which I only get to practice once a year at this event, so this is my 2nd ever attempt. Marginally better than my 1st attempt last year, but that’s not saying much!

Full album HERE

and a little video so you can hear the snap, crackle & pop ๐Ÿ™‚

Yep, that was it!

Stay tooned dear readers, though I’m not sure for what as yet, no sign of Sophie so far this year, so that’s the last of the reports for now.

In the meantime I shall plod along alone on Fraggles Other Place ย so pop along and say hi if you miss me, which of course you will! ๐Ÿคช

37 comments on “Camel Parade South Shields~ Dec 2017 ~ Part 2

1. raistlin0903 says:

Lol, of course we will miss you ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š I know I will.
    Oh and just so you know, this was the last post for today for me (that I am reading that is), and I loved it. Those pictures of the fireworks that you find “marginally better, but that’s not saying much?” I thought they were absolutely beautiful! Great post ๐Ÿ˜Š

1. Cheers Michel, you won’t miss me ๐Ÿ˜Š cos you always leave a lovely comment on my other place like you do here, I always love your happy comments. X

2. Er – those shots are great! Good grief…one protesteth too much, methinks. Anyway, what an amazing event! I must say I wasn’t that impressed with the wise men – partly because they didn’t look terribly wise – but the rest of it looks a-maze-ing. As for the PETAL people or whatever they are, I think a bit of balance is required; I mean, what else does a camel have to do in South Shields on a December night?

1. Not much at this time of year for sure, they should have them back on summer, they’d love the beach!

Those Santas were just wrong, at any level.
    Chips and gravy? Here we go again, with that one…
    Fireworks are hard to shoot, so no need to be humble. The shots were first-rate! ๐Ÿ™‚

1. Cheers Pete, believe me I am never humble ๐Ÿ˜Š I just know there’s better to be done with firework shots yet.

4. Jessica says:

Wow, Fraggle. If those were “marginal” photos of fireworks, well… I’m never showing you any of my own photos, just put it that way. Loved the pictures of the Father Christmases, etc., too. Oh, and your captions are the best!! ๐Ÿ˜€

5. Eddy Winko says:

You can’t beat a bowl of Rice Crispies, great pics Frags, those Santas are a bit Tim Burton.

1. Arn’t they just! It was all a bit surreal but great camera fodder!

6. rmacwheeler says:

Great fireworks shots. Kudos.

1. Cheers Mr.MacWheeler!

I wish I could get fireworks photos like yours. I don’t like fireworks generally but ended up taking my little nephews for Canada Day this summer. We saw some again last weekend, over Niagara Falls. I still can’t quite figure it out and if I got a couple that were okay, I deleted 50 that were not. Flukes.

1. Most of mine were flukes, had a lot to delete ๐Ÿ™‚

8. I would miss you like CRAZY!!! Love the photos! The fireworks are so awesome! You are the best, Fraggle!๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿค—

9. joshi daniel says:

This looks so colorful and beautiful ๐Ÿ™‚

10. Exciting photos, Fraggle. You captured the fireworks brilliantly. All the colors and streams of light — marvelous. Hugs.

Spectacular Fraggy. Aww f.f. And gravy, havenโ€™t had that in years. I love that photo. The guys at the window. , but again I love them all. Awesome fireworks display for sure.

1. Thanks my friend xx

12. enmanscamera says:

Just great fragg….I really enjoyed your fireworks images.

1. Cheers N-man ๐Ÿ˜Š

13. vinnieh says:

I love the fireworks, most beautiful.

1. Thanks V~man, sorry I missed this ๐Ÿ™‚

1. vinnieh says:

They are glorious shots.

14. I think they’re great shots – we had fireworks at our wedding, and these would have held up against any people took for that (and there were two professionals involved in that).

1. I would love to do a wedding, but the responsibility would do me in!

1. I bet you would be great at it!

Nice fireworks! It’s been a long time since I had chips and gravy!

1. You’re not missing anything! ๐Ÿ˜€