Part 1 HERE

Bring on the dancing girls! And guys too. Not much to say except it was full of colour and joy and laughter.

These guys were more fit than a fit thing on a fit stick!

The lady dancers watching the chaps come down the stairs

they got everyone they could up on the floor to dance with them

After that it was the ladies groups turn to dance

and a little solo artiste

And then Sophie and I walked home as the sun went down.

Over the bridge

back through Keel Square

and through the shopping area where they had some fancy Christmas lights.

It was such a lovely festival to attend, so many smiling faces, so much to see and learn about, hope they do it again this year!

Full album of pictures HERE

SaveSave

39 comments on “The Diwali Festival~ Sunderland ~ Nov 2017~ Part 2

A change of style and theme, and video clips too! You spoil us, Madame Ambassador! ๐Ÿ™‚

Great shots, and well done to the lady in the wheelchair for getting into the dancing too. The make-up on those girls and women is amazing.

1. Thanks Pete, they were quite beautiful I thought.

2. I wanted to be there dancing! I wouldnโ€™t have balked at wearing the beautiful makeup and outfits either.๐Ÿ˜Š

1. Me too, though I’d probably trip over my own feet ๐Ÿ™‚

1. Yeah. I donโ€™t think my years of ballet would help me now.๐Ÿ˜’

3. Sue says:

Love your slow shutter speed image!

4. AK says:

Images 1 & 7 very nice !
    Cheers.
    AK

5. raistlin0903 says:

Really wished I could have been there, but this post really managed to bring across the atmosphere in a great way. Also loved the videos. I’m not one to dance much, but even I have to admit I would probably have joined in ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€ Thanks for sharing this ๐Ÿ˜€

1. Dance whenever you can Michel, there a magic in it that modern civilisation can make you forget.

I’m totally taken by the colour.

How wonderful to see people of different ages having a really good time together.

1. It was April, one of my favourite photo trips of the year.

8. Looks like a joyful event. My favourite has to be this wonderful portrait:

1. Thanks Graham, my fave too!

9. Stunning photos and videos Fraggle R…looks like so much fun!Not sure which my favourites are….love the portraits, especially the last wee girl….and also the wonderful blur of legs at the top…it really captures it.

1. Cheers Clare ๐Ÿ˜Š

10. This is so awesome Fraggle! I love all the colors and the dancers dancing around! Yay!๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ Some great photos as always!๐Ÿ˜ Your posts always brighten my day, my friend!

1. Thanks Dani ๐Ÿ˜Šโค๏ธ

11. I love the faces of the dancers. Well done

12. Beautifully shot (and so colourful!!) your handling of exposure is so good!!

1. Thanks John ๐Ÿ™‚

13. The dancing is amazing! I would love to see this in person, though your pics are a good substitute.

1. Much better to see in the flesh so to speak, ๐Ÿ™‚ thanks Sarah.

14. Jessica says:

Wow, Fraggle!! Stunning photos! You are a true artist. And wow, amazing costuming and make-up. I definitely hope to see a Diwali festival in person someday. โค

1. Cheers Jess ๐Ÿ˜Š

15. Eddy Winko says:

Top notch as ever Frags, well worth a look.

1. Cheers Eddy ๐Ÿ˜Š

Looks fun, plus it’s obviously great camera fodder!

1. Yes, will have to go again this year, I had my new camera with me for a 1st time outing and stuffed up the settings! Should have read the manual first!

I’ve had my current camera for a few years now and I still sometimes stuff up the settings!

17. I would have LOVED to have seen this! Their dancing and outfits are always so wonderful!

1. Thanks, it was such a lovely day.

A pleasure for the eyes and the ears. Thank you, fragglerocking. I hope you are well. ^_^

1. Yes Francis, I am thanks, nice to have you pop in, hope things are well with you too.