Part 1.  Part 2.

As well as lots of doggies at the fair, there were a couple of Llama’s mooching about

but most exciting, at least for me, was the birds of prey display.  On the whole I do not like to think of birds being trained or caged, but the chap who owns the birds and did the display explained all about each bird. Some are endangered species, some are rescue birds, all are loved and cared for, and all are absolutely magnificent.  I took loads of photo’s, but will try to restrain myself here 🙂

peregrine

bald eagle

Harris Hawk

kestrel

Barn Owl

And that’s the end of our day out at the country fair.

Stay tooned for next time when we’ll be visiting the Pow Hill Nature Reserve on a sunny day up in Northumberland.

31 comments on “Simonside Country Fair~August 2017~ birdy edition

1. Love the llamas, but those birds are just gorgeous!

1. Yes they were the highlight of the day for me. Thanks Kim x

2. Timothy Price says:

I love birds. Super photos.

1. Me too! Thanks Tim.

Wonderful photos. I know where to come for inspiration next time I put a hawking scene in a novel.

1. They are such beauties!

4. Birds are such beautiful and smart creatures – great pics!

1. Thanks Sarah, these were gorgeous!

Yikes, those are some big birds, they look powerful!

6. Wow! Such awesome photography! You are so talented! I love these pictures and agree with Kim I love the llamas!!

7. Those raptors are amazing. And beautifully captured.

8. Eddy Winko says:

Wonderful birds, I’d make the trip just to see them. I love all the buzzards around here, despite the damage they did to our chickens, they are probably the one reason I’d buy a bridge camera, just to try and get a good view of them.

1. It’s great to see them in the wild, we get red kites up around Gibside, amazing to watch.

Super bird portraits, FR. You certainly get out and about, making the most of your local events.
    Llamas always look so fed up though. Makes me feel sorry for them.

1. Haha these were happy enough with all the attention they got! Cheers Pete.

10. Dina says:

Wow, so many lovely animals and your in action shots are absolutely gorgeous!

11. thedanny1972 says:

Really enjoyed the photos especially the barn owl and kestrel. I had a fun day thursday looking at sandpipers and gulls and pelicans at the beach. The gulls flew in large flocks while the pelicans would fly in a pack of 5

1. Nice! We don’t have pelicans here, sadly.

Fab birds. Love the llama shots too.

13. They are beautiful! What marvelous detail you captured too. Hugs.

14. vinnieh says:

Wildlife is marvellous, don’t you think?

1. vinnieh says:

You can get so much from it.

15. Great photos.

I particularly enjoy those of the llamas.

1. They are great characters, cheers Mr.Helsing.