Here it is then 🙂

My trip to Poland came about when Eddy on his blog (which can be found HERE) offered a free weekend B&B if someone would take photo’s of the house for his website advertising the B&B, and then Pete (who’s blog can be found HERE) suggested Eddy asked me. To cut a long story short, 4 weeks later Phil and I set off for Krakow from Newcastle and arrived on a dark and stormy Friday night.  I recognised Eddy straight way as we came out of the airport though I’d never seen a picture of him before,and even though he wasn’t wearing Lederhosen :).  It was a 2 hour journey back to where Eddy lives and as it was dark and raining we didn’t see much of the countryside, but it didn’t matter as we chatted on so much and got to know each other, and planned out our weekend. We arrived at Eddy’s late in the evening and we met the beautiful Gosia, Eddy’s wife, and a little smiley imp Malina, their daughter.   We’d stopped for beer and wine along the way and so cracked open the cans and bottles and chatted on until god knows when. 🙂

We did that a lot this weekend 🙂

Today’s post will concentrate on the interior of the house, our Bedroom and bathroom were lovely, felt like home 🙂

lovely little details

Eddy built his own house with straw bales, and in our room was ‘The Window of Truth’

Here are some photo’s of the rest of Eddy & Gosia’s beautiful home

Front hall

to the right of the front door, bathroom and coat area, (note the compost loo!)

Back hallway, view from the dining area.

window to the left in previous shot

The snug & TV area

A great kitchen

Gosia loves blue & white kitchenware and has an amazing collection.

Pizza oven!

As you can see, the house is so homely and warm, and we were made so welcome.

Next time we’ll look at the exterior and surrounding land.

Stay tooned!

44 comments on “Fraggle Report ~ Poland April 2017~part 1

1. What a stunning house!And he got the right person to photograph it…the window of truth!…love it…love it all!

1. Thanks Clare, it is gorgeous and very photogenic!

They have done a truly amazing job on that house. Looking back to the early days of the build, it it almost inconceivable to see the final results.
    Your photos do it great justice too, as I always knew they would!

1. Thanks Pete 🙂 I wonder if Eddy is going to do before & after post 😉

I bet they will be loving those photos.
        A before and after is a good idea.

3. Very nicely done, fraggle. Whatt a lovely home.

1. Cheers Graham 🙂

4. -N- says:

Very nice!

1. Thanks Naomi 🙂

5. Eddy Winko says:

We still keep checking to see if it is our house 🙂 You truly take fantastic pictures, finding the detail and bringing out the colour, every angle thought about. Thank you for the three of us for a great weekend, you were missed the minute you were gone and we hope to see you again on your travels. Cheers! 🙂

1. Haha thanks Eddy xx 😊

6. Eddy Winko says:

Reblogged this on Winkos: a straw bale building adventure in Poland and commented:
    We were very happy to have guests stay over the last weekend and I think you will agree that Frags has done a fantastic job of capturing the house and with more parts to come I wont have to write a blog post for a while as I will be re-blogging all of them here 🙂 Thank you again to Frags and Phil who arrived as guest but left as friends, we look forward to their return, and the next post 🙂

7. grumpytyke says:

Wonderful pix of the truly superb house my fellow tyke (and Gosia of course) have created. Been longing to see it.

8. leggypeggy says:

Great photos. So wonderful to see the interior.

1. Thanks! It was wonderful to be there. 😊

9. Sue says:

Fabulous house, great photos and look forward to seeing more

1. Thank you 😊 there’s definitely more to come.

1. Sue says:

Oh, great!

10. MarySmyth says:

What a beautiful house & I adore that kitchen. Nice work capturing the interior.

1. Thanks Mary, that kitchen is a dream! 😊

11. restlessjo says:

You did a great job! And don’t they have a lovely home? 🙂 🙂

1. Yes indeed, thanks, a fab house and home.

12. Outstanding! I am guessing there are more photos to come.
    Warmest regards, Theo

1. Thank you Theo, oh yes indeed, I took over 200, far too many to blog with, but I’ll do a few posts. At the end I’ll leave a link to the full album for anyone interested.

13. I was absolutely amazed by the kitchen. Have I ever seen such a wonderful kitchen environment? I think not!

1. I know, such a cool kitchen!

14. It is a lovely home – it looks comfortable and inviting!

1. Thanks Sarah 🙂 it was/is!

Free accommodation, score! I went to Krakow several years ago for a stag do (I know!) – it’s a lovely city, only wish I got to see more of it. Instead of taking in the sights and culture, we opted for water parks, paint balling, playing pool and poker, and copious drinking. Could have done that in pretty much anywhere in England, waste of a trip really!

1. Haha the vagaries of youth! Didn’t see much of Krakow except the bus station, next time will do it 😊 cheers Steve.

16. lolabees says:

What a neat opportunity for you and a great idea! I guess you’re officially a paid travel blogger. 😉 Great photos. Looks like a lovely stay.

1. Haha that would be my dream job, it was a lovely stay 😊 cheers Laura.

17. AK says:

Back hallway, view from the dining area – Image – is really good. As is the first photo.
    Antony

wow, it does look so homey , spectacular light . love her dishes too 🙂 thanks for the tour. sounds like you and Phil had a great time.

19. Ilze says:

Such an inspirational house!! Lovely pictures!

1. It is! And thanks 😊

20. Lindylou says:

Thank you Frags for your photo’s of Eddy ang Gosia’s home it definitely has increased our desire to visit them in the future. Also….. I am incentified to have my future kitchen to be like theirs. Now I could show my husband what I had in my imagination so it has fed his…..

1. It is a wonderful house and home, and Eddy and Gosia are too!