Have been processing my photo’s from the Farne Islands today so am going to post just a couple, well 4 really 🙂

Firstly a baby Arctic turn shouting for lunch

FIJuly16-28w

next up 3 puffins on a wall.

FIJuly16-49w

I am not sure why lots of the puffins were just sitting around or walking about with a gob full of fish, not eating them, just keeping them.

At last a half decent flying puffin shot! (I only deleted about 100!)

FIJuly16-32w

and finally, ta dah… my first ever dolphin sighting.

FIJuly16-65w

I’m afraid my telephoto lens is a cheap and nasty knock-off-nigel, but I can’t afford a proper one, so the overall quality isn’t all that great, sigh, but it’s enough for me to remember what I saw through my eye lens 🙂 Plus with the dolphins I was in the inside of the boat and couldn’t get to the outside bit and had to shoot through the glass window!

Today the sun shone for a little while late this afternoon, so I found some more shadows.

day196

day196

14 comments on “Day 196~366 (and puffins :) )

I think that your dodgy lens did a fine job, FR. Great wildlife, and not forgetting the brief nailed too!

1. Thanks Pete 😊

2. Tony Single says:

I’ve loved puffins ever since I read my first Puffin book when I was a child. Nice! 🙂

1. Lol these chaps are too busy fishing to be reading books 😊 got loads more and I’ll do a report on the day soon.

3. -N- says:

I like your shadows, but I like the puffins a lot more – especially the ones filled with fish and just hanging . . . the one in the middle, OOF, is what really makes the pic – where’s MINE??????

1. Yes puffins have a way of stealing the show! Cheers Naomi.

OhMyFreakinGaud… I love these Fraggy. I’m not sure if it’s because we don’t have them or not, but they are the koolest little creatures .and the one flying..omg.. So kool!!!
    I can’t wait to see more.

1. Cheers Mrs.O 😊

5. fruitfuldark says:

My kind of image. Invites a nap, good book and coffee. In that order, I think.

Cute birds. The dolphin shot has come out really well, all things considering.

1. cheers, yes, will be better prepared next time though!

7. lolabees says:

Beautiful puffins pics! Looks like a great trip!

1. It was a grand day out, loved being on the boat and seeing puffins.