My work has led to me visiting Cumbria almost weekly, a long drive but with stunning scenery, especially if doing the A66 through the mountain ranges, going by Lake Bassenthwaite and Skiddaw mountain over to Cockermouth, Workington & Whitehaven.  I’ve taken a fair few photographs along the way over the past 2 years.  Today was my last journey over there, and because I ended the day in Penrith had 3 choices of routes to come home. The A66, the less scenic A69, or the A686 across the pennines, a road I’ve only done the once, way back.  I remembered a couple of scenic parts of that road, and the mad hairpin turns you have to do going up the moor, which at it’s zenith is over 1000m above sea level.  It was a lovely sunny day so I decided to do it one more time. I took a few shots on my way home of course 🙂

Langwathby Bridge, over The River Eden

Langwathby Bridge, over The River Eden

View over to the west

View over to the west

Close up on the tree

Close up on the tree

Going down the other side.

Going down the other side, looking East.

No pieces of reflective water, was hoping for a still day on Lake Bassenthwaite as Skiddaw reflected in it is awesome but I’ve done one in the past so that’s OK.

Instead I  give you…drum roll… ta dah!

My glassware shelf.🙄

Day174-2w

11 comments on “Day 174~366

Love love ❤️❤️your view to the west and to the east Fraggy

1. Thanks Kathy 😊

Stunning views indeed. I am going up there for a week in October, to Keswick, for a walking holiday. I hope it still looks so bright!

3. Tony Single says:

There’s a face in the left hand side of the last image. I love this! 🙂

1. There is?? 😊 will have to find it!

Holy mackerel those are gorgeous shots.

1. Thanks Batman! 😄

5. fruitfuldark says:

Amazing photos, I have never been in the UK but would like to get to see this countyside one day.

1. We do do lush countryside well. It’s because of all the rain. 🙄😊

1. fruitfuldark says:

Yup, I think it is very similar here in New Zealand! But apart from things like geology and local plants, I also have a theory that the tone of the light is different in the Northern hemisphere. It will certainly look different.

The air seems so pure… and powerful landscapes…