Sometimes, at a beginning of a theme, I really struggle to get into it, flap about ‘what to do? what to do?’~ing, and then bit by bit the theme opens up in my head and off I go enjoying it again.  The door creaked open today so fingers crossed the rest of this month will perk up.

Today we’re having Scenes from the Induction Hob.  I’ve used the hob as a reflective surface for subjects in the past, so didn’t really want to repeat myself, so thought about the reflections of the kitchen in the hob and came up with

day158w

I was taking a few at slightly different angles when this happened

day158-2w

and then this

day158-3w

but after I hoofed her off, I did the following shot.  One of the photographers I know from FB suggested watching Meshes in The Afternoon, a short film noir from the 1940’s, link to what it’s about HERE, that it might help me with my reflections month. Anyways I watched it, and have been thinking about it relating to photographic style, and this is what I did with that in mind. Not sure, so it’s my shot of the day, even though my heart says USE THE CAT!!!!  🙂

day158-5w

12 comments on “Day 158~366

Nice shots, FR. Your hob is much shinier than mine!

1. I clean it with whisky and a paper towel, comes up a treat! 😊

2. fruitfuldark says:

Beautiful images! The cat photo has a mystical feel to it and that knife a really nifty combination of modern and old world feel.

Cool shots! There is something a little sinister about them.

1. Cheers Jay 😊

4. MarySmyth says:

Love the one with the cat’s paw. Very nice!

1. Danged cat always steals the limelight! 😊

Nice reflections, very pure, and clean surfaces. ; )

1. Polished before I shot 🙂

6. lolabees says:

If only you could get a shot of the cat holding the knife– then it would be perfect. 😉 Nice work getting into your theme!

1. Cheers Laura, she’ll be back 🙂