I was home a bit earlier this evening, and the sky had some lovely golden tones, so I thought I’d do an evening shot instead of a silhouette in case my sunsets were boring!  As always at this time of day, I had my trusty tripod, and took bracketed shots which I processed in Aurora HDR (which is in my humble opinion THE best HDR software I’ve used.)

So this is the shot I went to get

Day131goldw

which turned out quite well I think, but then I decided to focus on the gold, and do a close up for a change…

Day131goldclosew

That’ll do I thought, packed up my things and started for home. As I looked back I saw that this had happened!!

Day130w

So ran back and set up to take some more shots 🙂

and finally, my favourite happened and it was glorious!

Day131treew

apologies for so many sunsets, after tomorrow I’ll be back to shooting in the day so might get a bit of diversity!

16 comments on “Day 131~366

Some wonderful colours there, FR. I would like to have seen the straight j-pegs from the camera rather than the RAW-HDR software processing though. Just from personal interest.
    Cheers, Pete.

1. Thanks Pete, I never shoot jpegs so cannot oblige 😊. I don’t use HDR very often, don’t need it as mostly shoot in broad daylight. Tonight I either got a shot with the sky tones great and everything else black, or everything else great and the sky completely blown out. That was not what I saw with my eyes, and the processed shots are more ‘natural’ to my vision. I do not do the overblown thing, unless in fun, so hope these pictures will suffice.

1. Thanks Clare, it was awesome to watch.

It looks like you had a lot of fun (^_-)

3. fruitfuldark says:

Gorgeous images. You must be getting to know every square foot of that paddock around your tree!

1. Yes it’s lovely to sit by the tree and hear all the birds.

4. vinnieh says:

These are so striking. I love sunsets especially when they look like this.

1. Cheers V-man, me too!

1. vinnieh says:

They are magical.

5. MarySmyth says:

I’m so glad you went back. Absolutely glorious finale!

1. I felt very lucky to see it all unfold! Thanks Mary ❤

6. lolabees says:

Wow! These are all winners!

1. Thanks, was lucky to watch it 🙂