My blossom tree is doing its thing big time now, and I wanted to do a macro of it in sunshine on the tree. But our incessant crap weather isn’t giving any quarter, so I’ve tried to emulate a sunny day,at night 😀 , by shooting an offcut in my conservatory under fluorescent lights and with an LED angle poise lamp. Initial processing in LR, then Potatoshop with Paint The Moon actions and RadLab filters. A bit of an embuggerance but I think it more or less works. 🌝

day97w

day97-2w

16 comments on “Day 97~366

That sounds like an awful lot of post-processing to a j-peg man like me. But it worked, so well done.

1. Cheers Pete, I mostly like to get my macros as is, but also its nice to play with processing and be a bit creative. Especially when the sun don’t shine! 😕😊

This is especially beautiful to see on a day when we’re being re-blanketed with snow.

1. Your weather is even more bonkers than ours, which is an achievement you should be proud of 😂😂

3. -N- says:

Turned out very nicely – good detail, but more so the pale colors. I like it!

1. cheers Naomi 🙂

I thought it was under a soft (overcast maybe) daylight. Well done ^^

1. cheers Francis, I’ll take that 🙂

Looks good, the filter/processing gives you a real sense of delicacy.

1. Cheers Stevie 😊

6. MarySmyth says:

Turned out beautifully. Love the tones.

1. Cheers Mary 😊

7. fruitfuldark says:

Hauntingly beautiful. Wow!

1. Thanks 😊

ohh so pretty Fraggy, i was just over at the park shooting these exact flowers. in all colors. id love to have a tree. beautiful work

1. They are lovely aren’t they look forward to seeing yours 😊