Vintage is so fashionable in photography, is it because we hanker after a bygone time when the world seemed a simpler place? I’ve collected the odd vintage item for my photography ‘prop box’ and also have a lot of my Mum’s bits and bobs, her photo albums and china cups, tea sets and ornaments. She had some beautiful pieces, and it’s nice to remember her through them. My mum is the little scowling girl, and then as a young lady on a motorbike, and that’s her Mum next to those 2 photo’s. The cup is beautiful, when you hold it up to the light you can see right through it. Tea tastes lovely in it.

day8w

16 comments on “Day 8~366

1. vinnieh says:

I love retro photography, there’s something very classic about it.

1. cheers Vin, I agree! πŸ™‚

2. west517 says:

Fantastic– vintage <3!!

Quite paintery πŸ™‚

1. Not intentional 😊

4. enmanscamera says:

I do like the image you produced…..Vintage? Hmm…I have made photos with folders (camera) like the one you included. I suppose I am getting a bit long in the tooth.

5. melissajane14 says:

A new personal favorite! The composition of this photograph is fabulous πŸ™‚

Indeed it is. I think it’s also because of the aesthetic. Modern photos can be very sharp and clinical, whereas the technical limitations of vintage cameras often gave variable, imperfect results which help create a sense of mystery. Or maybe I just talking rubbish!

7. Haha, no you’re not, I agree with that, though quite often in my case I find the technical limitations of the camera user give variable imperfect results! πŸ™‚

8. Loredana Isabella Crupi says:

Good arrangement here! πŸ™‚

1. Thanks Loredana my thoughts exactly! 😊

Very nice composition. History in a frame!
    Regards, Pete.