On Thursday Sophie and I went into Newcastle to do lunch at the new cat cafe, Mog on The Tyne. A clever name as there is a famous song by a local famous group, Lindisfarne, called Fog on the Tyne :).  The cafe only opened a couple of weeks ago after 2 years in the planning, and Sophie booked us in for a 1hr slot at lunchtime. It’s £5 to book, and that money goes to the upkeep of the cats, of which there are 10, and then you can buy lunch & drinks too.  All the cats are rescue cats and most are just beyond kitten hood, I think that’s so they grow up used to people and the environment.  Sophie doesn’t have cats of her own as she travels to Spain several times a year, so she was thrilled to get some pussy cat time. We hadn’t factored in that it’s still school holidays here, so there were a fair few youngsters who of course don’t give a monkey’s that you’re trying to take photo’s and get in the way a lot! We will return when kids are back to school!

snooze bucket

snooze perch

snooze perch~Francis

cool cat

cool cat~ Tinks

Stan the man

Stan the man

a couple of iPhone snaps

Tinks

Tinks

Gizmo

Gizmo

It’s a great place to have lunch, we had Chicken & chorizo pannini’s which were delicious and I had a great cup of tea, very good price too. It’s already very popular and gets full booked really quickly. Open hours are 10am til 8pm with a closure between 3pm & 5pm for cat naps.

their website can be found HERE.

Queue to get in for the next session.

Queue to get in for the next session.

laters gaters

😉

16 comments on “The Sunday Fraggle report~ Mogs on the Tyne edition

1. Funny, somebody opened the same type of restaurant in Hamburg. Seems like a new trend everywhere. Nice shots!

1. Thanks Reinhold, will be going back 🙂

wow, what a kool place, and that is such a neat idea. kind of reminds me of Key West, where cats and roosters roam free. and most restaurant allow you to let your dog come dine with you. i cant pick out a favorite feline, i love them all :)! lunch sounded really good.
    im glad you had an excellent adventure:)

1. Thanks Kathy. Took loads of photos in Newcastle so look out for the latest travelogue!

Looking forward to it birthday girl🎂❤️

I remember have seen places like that in travelers blogs in Japan. Nice to seen them working to rescue them (I’m cat-holic :P)
    Take care, greetings 🙂

oops…. I mean “Nice to see more of them around the world…” :$

1. Cheers Francis, the lady who started this one visited Japan to research the cat cafes there. Cataholics are the best kind of holics 😊

Cheer, thank your for the data ☺

4. melissajane14 says:

I like this idea for a cafe and I’m happy that it’s catching on because I like cats, but I don’t like living with them (too much vacuuming!) Thank you for sharing and I hope that you do go back when the kiddies are in school to get more photos 🙂

1. will do! cheers Melissa.

5. Oh damn I want one of those here!Nice one 😊

1. haha you could always start one up 🙂

6. chubbycubs says:

Hello! I hope you don’t mind, but I did a quick review of Mog on the Tyne and forgot to take any photos – I’ve used your photo of Stan but given you full credit and a link back to this page, but if you’d prefer I didn’t use it please let me know and I’ll remove it straight away! What an eye for photos you have!

1. No problem, if you need anymore from the post thats fine, am chuffed you let me know and gave me credit 😊 thanks 😊