After our visit to Prudhoe Castle, we went to Bradley Nursery & Gardens, had a spot of lunch and applied our macro lenses to capture some of the blooms.

Victorian walled Garden

Victorian walled Garden

The magnolia’s had nearly finished blooming.

Magnolia

Magnolia

but the bluebells were gorgeous.

bluebells

bluebells

Not sure what this plant is but I liked it’s curly wurlyness. Didn’t get enough blur in the shot to make the plant stand out so took this into photoshop and selected the plant and applied gaussian blur to the background, need more practice at it.

curly wurly plant

curly wurly plant

lovely old rotorvator

lovely old rotorvator

Mike and a curly wurly tree

Mike and a curly wurly tree

They had some strange garden decorations, I mean, would you??

guard dogs

guard dogs

satanic bird bath

satanic bird bath

and though this one was quite nice, at £124 without the base, ($187/E167) I’ll give it a miss 🙂

how much??

how much??

Loved the water feature,

water feature

water feature

brad-22

and they had lots of gorgeous tulips on display

brad-8

brad-10

brad-19

brad-20

brad-23

pansies too and violas

brad-18

I’m not sure what these are but they’re ready to pop by the looks of them

brad-15

buds on trees ready to go too

brad-17

brad-13

my favourite flowers were these little hearts

brad-12

Bleeding heart (Dicentra spectabilis)

and that’s the end of my day out with Sophie & Mike.

Today is a bank holiday so back to work tomorrow, and hopefully another trip out somewhere at the weekend.

laters gaters

😉

18 comments on “Bradley Gardens

A beautiful day to walk, I love specially the tulips portraits. The ornamentation is quite intriguing, like the place for pagan Victorian ceremonies, gives a nice mood to the garden and if I’d seen them in sepia I’d think in a place from nineteenth century 😀

1. thanks Francis, (I hate sepia 🙂 )

I had just to nail it! I’ll remember it to the future XD

1. haha no sepia!!!! BTW one of my friends from USA has just started blogging her shots, she does a lot of interesting art with her photos and I thought you might like to take a look?

ok, cancelling the order of sepia flowers 😀
            I saw her blog, thanks fraggelrocking, it looks for the perspective effects like to see a dossier of photographs. I’m quite honest in my preferences so I’ll review her blog daily to have a better reference or opinion (Why am I sounding like an employer?) I see that’s her first steps in the world of blogging. I appreciate you give your time, with so many and extraordinary talented in the internet (Why am I sounding like if I would be having an Oscar in the hand?), that the less I could do is to give my time for you too 🙂

2. 😀 share the love Francis, share the love 😀
            The winner of the Oscar is……

Wow buds and brick, can’t get any better than that . Looks like you had a fantastic outing with your friends !!
    Awesome pics Fraggy !!!

1. thanks Kathy, did you realise a year ago today Phil and I went down to stay overnight in Manchester, ready to set off in the morning for the 1st leg of our trip to visit you 🙂

I’ve been thinking of nothing else 😉 I can’t believe it’s been a whole year 😉

1. I know, we are looking forward to our next visit, we’re going to do a week in Nashville then fly to Florida to stay with you and Dave. DON’T get a mad dog before this happens 😉

Lol, no more animals , still have the 2 felines , when they go .. That’s it!!! Wow it could be a while b4 we actually move u know .. I’m hoping by 2 years !!

2. that gives me time to save up again 🙂

We r going to Fl. At the end of July !! Who knows maybe we’ll find something , and be snowbirds 😉

I feel like you somehow find things that are way more beautiful than the same things I walk by all the time!

1. Cool, your insights on movies fire me up too 🙂

4. Loredana Isabella Crupi says:

Nice blooms! Good depth of field! 🙂

1. Cheers, still getting the hang of the camera.

Oh Fraggy , I’m looking at your flowers and bricks again , all so beautiful , I need to get back over to the park , and show you more of our castle ()! Soon… As soon as the tourists leave 😉