Decent weather on Friday had me out and about in my neighbourhood with the Fuji in hand, and just down the road from me is Wardley Colliery, a disused coal mine opened in 1855 and closed down in 1974. It’s now a place for graffiti artists to practice their stuff, and a permanent reminder of the demise of one of the great industries of the North.

The Colliery from the path.

The Colliery from the path.

wcol-15

wcol-2

wcol-5

wcol-3

wcol-4

wcol-6

wcol-7

Whilst wandering around I came across a young chap and his paint cans, of course taking his photo would not have been OK but he let me take a picture of what he had been doing..

wcol-11

not sure what it says, but then I’m probably too old to understand. 🙂

paintshop

paintshop

wcol-9

wcol-10

wcol-12

wcol-13

wcol-17

wcol-18

wcol-15

wcol-14

laters gaters

😉

14 comments on “The Sunday Fraggle report~ Part 1

1. frptlady says:

Amazing how we r an ocean apart and our cities are so much alike. Great shots Fraggy. U make me want to start blogging again 😉

1. thank you my friend xx

2. Chapeau! Awesome photos. I think you and the X-T1 are playing a beautiful melody of outstanding photography. That is exactly my kind of music. Can’t wait for part 2. Keep on rocking, lady. Just listening to U2. I think your images and this music… 😉

1. theanks Reinhold I am still on the learning curve so hopefully will improve yet.

Bah, I’m not going to fall in your trick. It’s pretty obvious that you’re the famous graffiti artist “graffitirocking” and you’re just photographing your oeuvre. Just kidding 😉
    So many colors, but curiously my favorite one is the portrait of the bicycle corpse, the way you captured it with the light looks like a sculpture.

1. Hehe graffitirocking indeed, I have no talent with cans of spray paint I’m afraid, thanks for liking the bicycle corpse, I like that one too.

4. PAMO says:

LOVE THIS! You’ve captured it beautifully!!!

Some really great shots. I love the vibe of some of these old industrial buildings; for some reason rust and decay is really photogenic. Some nice graffiti too.

1. Cheers am lucky to have it 5 mins away.

goddamn your shots are arrestng

1. thanks, I try 🙂

7. MarySmyth says:

WOW, love the artwork! I feel like I’m standing right there – great work.

1. thanks Mary, it makes up for not having porches 😉