Last Sunday my pal Sophie and I had an outing with our camera’s, and went to visit Hartlepool Historic Quay. This from the website

Hartlepool Marina’s centrepiece is the award-winning Historic Quay – a faithful reproduction of an 18th century seaport portraying the exciting experience of what life was like at the time of Nelson and Trafalgar.

Hartlepool Historic Quay is home to the Trincomalee – Europe’s oldest floating warship! HMS Trincomalee 1817 is berthed afloat at Hartlepool Historic Quay, where a major award-winning restoration and interpretation of the Ship was completed in the early summer of 2001. You can read more about the restoration of HMS Trincomalee here, or read about her history here.

It was a cold but bright day, a bit of blue sky after long days of grey, and we made the most of it! So let me take you around the Quay, and the glorious Trincomalee.

You can see the ships masts above the buildings in the carpark.

You can see the ships masts above the buildings in the carpark. (Iphone6)

She's a beauty.

She’s a beauty.

HQ39

around the Quay are various old bits and bobs to create a great atmosphere of past times.

brush your teeth!

brush your teeth!

Blue sky window

Blue sky window

Happy peeps.

Happy peeps.

Inside one of the info rooms, a sextant methinks.

Inside one of the info rooms, a sextant methinks.

Well well!

Well well!

grunge bucket

grunge bucket

Beautiful from any angle.

Beautiful from any angle.

The ship was made in India, so they sent one to guard her.

The ship was made in India, so they sent one of their own to look after her.

I took too many photo’s for one report, so tomorrow we’ll go aboard.

laters gaters

😉

21 comments on “The Hartlepool Report~part 1

That ship makes me think in so many adventures, I guess that’s because Stevenson’s stories; and yes it’s beautiful from any angle 🙂

2. enmanscamera says:

Gosh, I sure like this series. Maybe its the dramatic colours or the interesting subjects…

1. Cheers! It is a great subject for sure.

3. Very cool series. Very interesting angles, but … the color is special. Blue and orange is magic, and there is something extra in your pictures. Something like a 3D effect. Looking forward to see part 2, Reinhold

1. Thanks Reinhold 🙂

4. Pam Huggins says:

Wow!! And double Wow!!! What GORGEOUS shots my dear.
    That ship is glorious and you have the eye to shoot it just right.
    Laughed heartily at your captions and especially enjoyed the happy peeps. 😉

1. Yes they were the trio of doom!

5. That’s a beautiful ship!

1. yes, well worth a visit.

6. Fabulous! Feel like saying, “Cheer up, it might never happen,” to your ‘happy peeps’!

1. Cheers Mike, check out the next post when you have a mo, I did the ship interior. Also not sure I mentioned it in the blog, but the houses opposite have been converted into a ships interior and you can go in and have a sea battle going on around you, good fun! Though probably not so much in real life!

1. Definitely one for the list!

7. The ships are gorgeous! That pearls for teeth display reminds me why I’m glad I (mostly) why I live in the modern era!😁

1. Dear lord that post is 2 years old or more! How on earth did you get to that! Cheers Kim 😘

1. I was clicking on all the links try to make sure I hadn’t missed anything!🤔🤷🏻‍♀️

8. restlessjo says:

Jackpot! 🙂 🙂 Home, as was! In fact I worked as a volunteer in the museum for a while.

1. Oh that’s great where abouts are you now?

1. restlessjo says:

Tavira in the Algarve 🤗💕

1. Good move! Weather here is pants 🤣

1. restlessjo says:

Don’t I know it! I love the beaches and the Moors but the weather was a big motivator 🤗💕