Flowers make excellent subjects for textures, and when its grey and cold outside, makes for a fun afternoon. The textures I’ve used come from 2 lil owls and Shadowhouse Creations, you have to buy them from 2 lil owls though I got a free set, but Shadowhouse gives them away for free, which is really cool. There are also several apps for camera phones which can do a good job too.

berries

berries~ iphone5

Roses

Roses

also nice for using illustrations to quotes.

Butterfly

Butterfly

sunshine

sunshine

16 comments on “Texturating (faffing about)

1. frptlady says:

Outstanding work Fraggy

1. thank you Mrs.O 🙂

1. frptlady says:

Really some of your best work. I can’t get enough of these ❤️

1. aw, thanks, means a lot coming from my fave artiste!

2. Butterfly with berry roses in the sunshine texture, very cool series. A big like.

3. ツ Knipsa says:

These are gorgeous 🙂
    My favourite is the rose, I love roses 😀

Have a beautiful day!
    【ツ】Knipsa

1. thanks, I like them too 🙂

4. ツ Knipsa says:

ahem… I do not blog on wordpress, you can find my
    blog when you click on my signature 😀

【ツ】Knipsa

1. I did but can’t find the comment section. 🙂

1. ツ Knipsa says:

Just click on the headline of the post,
        then you’re in that post and on the
        bottom you can write something nice 😉
        or the truth 😀

1. I have tried, sigh, a few times, not sure if it worked.

What beautiful compositions. To me it would be easy to exaggerate and ruin the photo, I admire your good taste ^_^
    The berries are my favourites, soft mood.

6. Thanks Francis, it is still raining here so may be doing more of these, would rather go out with my camera though 🙂

7. These are lovely images. The textures add an extra visual layer – literally and figuratively – to the photos. My favourite is the one of the roses.

1. Makes me happy to have you like the photos. 🙂